Baking art since 1864

It all began 1864 in the town of rusk, Friedrichsdorf in Taunus. Friedrich Wilhelm Praum, a qualified baker and miller, started the first in-house production of rusk in a small bakery. At that time, around 40 rusk manufacturers made a living from the business with the twice-baked yeast dough, the production process of which gave the rusk its name – namely twice-baked. At that time, the small village was the center of rusk production in the whole of Europe – and our small manufactory was right in the middle of it!

Fun fact: Rusks used to be wrapped in parchment paper or stored in tin cans – wrapped in foil or cardboard? Back then there was no such thing (yet)!